As you explore this online exhibition, use the navigation menu on the right side of the screen to guide you.
- About Humane Education provides background information
- The Exhibition takes you on a tour of the early humane education movement.
- For Teachers & Parents includes curriculum and lesson planning ideas
- Timeline gives a brief overview of some of the key moments in animal advocacy during this period
- Resources provides list of websites, books, and articles that provide further information on the early Humane Education movement
As you investigate the exhibition, you can follow the links at the bottom of each page to move from section to section. The navigation bar (just under the banner at the top of the page) will show you where you are in the exhibit layout. To take a closer look at an image simply click on it. Use your browser’s back button to return to original page.
You are welcome to leave your comments about items in the exhibit. You will find a “leave a reply” at the bottom of the exhibit pages. Did you enjoy the exhibition? Did you learn something? Does some of this material look familiar to you? Perhaps someone in your family was the recipient of a medal in a Humane Education poster contest, or maybe you have one of the annual calendars produced by the American Humane Education Society. We would love to hear from you!
Next Section: About Humane Education
Previous Section: Welcome