- Institute for Humane Education
- National Museum of Animals & Society
- The Latham Foundation
- Humane Education at the MSPCA
- The Humane Society of the United States
- We Animals Humane Education Program
- American Humane Association
- Resources for Education (Farm Sanctuary)
- The National Humane Education Society
- Courses For Humane Educators (Humane Society University)
Baker, Steve. Picturing the Beast: Animals, Identity and Representation. Paperback Edition ed. Urbana and Chicago: University of Illinois Press, 2001.
Beers, Diane L. For the Prevention of Cruelty: The History and Legacy of Animal Rights Activism in the United States. Athens, Ohio: Swallow Press/Ohio University Press, 2006.
Grier, Katherine C. Pets in America: A History. Chapel Hill, NC: University of North Carolina Press, 2006.
Kean, Hilda. Animal Rights: Political and Social Change in Britain Since 1800. London: Reaktion Books, 1998.
Pearson, Susan J. The Rights of the Defenseless: Protecting Animals and Children in Gilded Age America. Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 2011.
Ritvo, Harriet. The Animal Estate: The English and Other Creatures in the Victorian Age. Cambridge, Mass.: Harvard University Press, 1987.
Shevelow, Kathryn. For the Love of Animals: The Rise of the Animal Protection Movement. New York: Henry Holt & Co., 2008.
Unti, Bernard and Bill DeRosa. “Humane Education: Past, Present, and Future.” The State of the Animals II, edited by D.J. Salem and A.N. Rowam. Washington, D.C.: Humane Society Press, 2003.
Weil, Zoe. The Power and Promise of Humane Education. New Society Publishers, 2004.